Son charged with father's murder in Nashville
NASHVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A son is now behind bars on murder charges in connection with his father's death.
Nashville police charged 31-year-old Lewis Shamir Richardson Jr. with first degree murder Friday.
Police say they were called to his father's home in the 200 block of Vernon Street back on Aug. 2.
His father, 67-year-old Lewis Richardson, was on the floor with head injuries, collapsed lungs and several broken ribs. He was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
Police arrested the younger Richardson that day on assault charges.
The elder Richardson died Friday, and those charges were upgraded.
nash county, homicide, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach 8 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station 40 min ago
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- Target investigating credit card breach
3 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help