Son charged with father's murder in Nashville
NASHVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A son is now behind bars on murder charges in connection with his father's death.
Nashville police charged 31-year-old Lewis Shamir Richardson Jr. with first degree murder Friday.
Police say they were called to his father's home in the 200 block of Vernon Street back on Aug. 2.
His father, 67-year-old Lewis Richardson, was on the floor with head injuries, collapsed lungs and several broken ribs. He was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
Police arrested the younger Richardson that day on assault charges.
The elder Richardson died Friday, and those charges were upgraded.
nash county, homicide, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake