Durham woman found murdered inside home
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating a death on Pauli Murray Place that was reported Saturday morning.
Officers found 49-year-old April Denise Mitchell dead inside her home shortly after 9:30 a.m.
Police said her death is being investigated as a homicide.
Investigators have charged 51-year-old Kevin Jerome Murray with murder. Officials said Murray lived at the home with Mitchell.
Officials have not released how Mitchell was killed.
durham county, homicide, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help