Man found shot to death in overturned car in Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- One person was found dead of a gunshot wound in an overturned car in Raleigh early Sunday morning, according to police.
It happened around 3:15 a.m. Sunday at the Cookout restaurant on New Bern Avenue.
There's no word yet on who may have shot 18-year-old Trevion Ragland, whose body was found inside an overturned vehicle with a gunshot wound.
A restaurant employee called 911 and told authorities that there was a group arguing. The employee told them four people broke away and left in a silver P.T. Crusier, and that they were armed.
"As they were leaving the parking lot, they let off shots," said the caller.
That employee then says their security guard returned fire.
About a mile and a half away, the P.T. Cruiser had flipped at the corner of Poole Road and MLK Boulevard.
It's not clear yet if the bullet from the guard hit Ragland, or if someone else shot him. The investigation continues.
In the meantime, Ragland's family is just asking one thing of anyone involved at this time.
"This is a time of mourning. It's a time for not retribution in any kind of way. It's a time to come together." said Ragland's aunt, Claudia Brockington. "We don't understand who would want to harm him, why they harmed him, or why he was left alone."
Funeral arrangements are still being finalized. The family has set up a memorial fund at the Fifth Third bank under "In Memorial of Trevion 'Tre Tre' Ragland."
Anyone with information that might help police get to the bottom of what happened is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, accident, shooting, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help