Person County man drowns at Mayo Lake
ROXBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Person County man drowned Sunday afternoon at Mayo Lake in Roxboro, according to the Person County Sheriff's Office.
Officials said 36-year-old John Perry was swimming near the lake's boat landing around 2 p.m. when he went under.
Rescue crews were called to the scene and recovered the man's body. Officials said the drowning was accidental.
person county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help