Man killed, another injured in Orange County crash
ORANGE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Orange County Sheriff's deputies are investigating a fatal head-on collision.
It happened around 8 a.m. Wednesday on Lynch Store Road, about a half mile west of Doc Corbett Road in Cedar Grove.
Authorities said a blue Chevy Malibu was going north down Lynch Store Road, when it crossed the center line and struck a yellow Jeep in the southbound lane head-on.
Both vehicles were severely damaged in the crash, causing the drivers to be pinned inside.
The driver of the Malibu, 30-year-old Sean Austin of Roxboro, was taken to Duke Hospital where he later died.
The driver of the Jeep, 45-year-old Keith Howerton of Roxboro, was also taken to Duke Hospital with injuries to his ankles. No one else was injured.
Authorities said both drivers were wearing their seat belts, and alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
Lynch Store Road was shut down for a period of time as authorities worked to clear the scene.
orange county, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation 8 min ago
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing 49 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 20 min ago
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman 19 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help