Man killed, another injured in Orange County crash
ORANGE COUNTY (WTVD) -- Orange County Sheriff's deputies are investigating a fatal head-on collision.
It happened around 8 a.m. Wednesday on Lynch Store Road, about a half mile west of Doc Corbett Road in Cedar Grove.
Authorities said a blue Chevy Malibu was going north down Lynch Store Road, when it crossed the center line and struck a yellow Jeep in the southbound lane head-on.
Both vehicles were severely damaged in the crash, causing the drivers to be pinned inside.
The driver of the Malibu, 30-year-old Sean Austin of Roxboro, was taken to Duke Hospital where he later died.
The driver of the Jeep, 45-year-old Keith Howerton of Roxboro, was also taken to Duke Hospital with injuries to his ankles. No one else was injured.
Authorities said both drivers were wearing their seat belts, and alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
Lynch Store Road was shut down for a period of time as authorities worked to clear the scene.
orange county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help