Hopscotch Music Festival underway in Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Thousands of music fans are taking over Raleigh for the Fourth Annual Hopscotch Music Festival.
A dozen concerts are underway across the city -- that's why they call it Hopscotch.
The Busy Bee on South Wilmington Street was just one of 14 venues packed Thursday evening.
When it's over, more than 170 bands from all over the world, including several from the Triangle, will have performed.
It's a big boon for nearby businesses, especially bars and restaurants like Bolt Bistro and Bar, which will get first and second looks because of the continuous crowds.
"Hopscotch is fantastic because it's going to bring a ton of people into our area," said Bolt General Manager Jim Daughtry. "The different music venues around town will bring people that will be out on the sidewalk, and as you can see our outdoor dining is fantastic and it'll be able to take as many people as can come down and eat."
Daughtry says this entire month is significant for business because there's something going on every weekend.
SPARKcon is next weekend followed by Capital City Bike Fest, and the big Wide Open Blue Grass Festival.
north carolina news, wake county news, local/state, fred shropshire
- Audit shows problems with NCTracks
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Car drives off bridge, into Harnett County creek
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder
- Autopsy reveals Jamie Hahn stabbed 24 times
- Art Pope says he's sad about Roses, Maxway pickets
- Child writes apology letter for dialing 911
- Second suspect named in double murder
- World leaders to speak at massive Mandela memorial
- Wake Forest chooses Bowling Green's Clawson
- Reward doubled in Mount Olive murders
- Deputy hits deer, tree in Moore County
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help