Second suspect arrested in Fayetteville kidnapping, murder
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Fayetteville have arrested another suspect in connection with a kidnapping and murder last weekend.
On Friday, the US Marshal's Task Force arrested 36-year-old Anthony Solomon Porter in the 6000 block of Gavins Street, near Bragg Boulevard in Fayetteville.
Porter, along with three other suspects - 20-year-old Kourtney Terrell Reed, 31-year-old Kelly Eugene Elliott and 31-year-old Eric Lamont Phillips, are facing charges in connection with the death of Errol Williams on Sept. 1.
Detectives said Errol Williams, 27, was kidnapped at a Kangaroo gas station in the 5600 block of Bragg Boulevard on Sunday, and forced to drive to the Shaw Heights area. That's where he was killed when he tried to escape.
Police said three men in a gray or silver newer model Kia Sportage were the kidnappers. Surveillance video from the Kangaroo convenience shows one of the suspects and the car.
Chief Harold Medlock said detectives have recovered the Kia. He also said he believes Williams was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Police said the suspects went back to the same convenience store just after 3 p.m. Sunday and stole the store's video surveillance system. While they were in the store, they also robbed two more people.
The suspects then left the store in the same Kia used earlier in the day.
Phillips was arrested by Fayetteville police on Tuesday. Authorities are still searching for Reed and Elliott. Police say Reed and Elliott should be considered armed and dangerous.
During their investigation, authorities identified Porter and Phillips in connection with several armed robberies in Fayetteville.
Porter is charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, conspiracy to commit a felonious assault and two counts robbery with a dangerous weapon.
He also has active warrants in Raleigh for two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Phillips is currently being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $75,000 secured bond on two counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession with intent to sell/deliver cocaine.
Police have also identified a person of interest in the homicide investigation as 21-year-old Joseph DeShawn Haskins. Detectives are requesting that Haskins come forward and speak with them.
Anyone with information concerning the whereabouts of Reed or Elliott is asked to call the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1690 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county news, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars 39 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers 5 min ago
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System 33 min ago
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school...
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
4 min ago
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the...
22 min ago
- Wakemed creates kid-friendly ER program
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help