Latino festival marks 20th anniversary in Triangle
RALEIGH, N.C. -- The biggest annual Latino festival in the Triangle is set to celebrate its 20th anniversary in a downtown Raleigh park.
La Fiesta del Pueblo celebrates the diversity of Latin American culture through international and local musical acts, cuisine, art exhibits and children's activities. The event is scheduled for Sunday in Moore Square.
Organizers say the headliner for this year's festival is New York-based merengue sensation Oro Solido, led by Dominican-born Raul Acosta. The event also features dozens of non-profit organizations and state agencies that will share information and resources with the Latino community.
ABC11's Sheyenne Rodriguez is the emcee of Sunday's festival.
All proceeds for the event go to support the work of El Pueblo Inc., a local non-profit organization dedicated to helping the Latino community.
wake county news, raleigh news, north carolina news, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help