Latino festival marks 20th anniversary in Triangle
RALEIGH, N.C. -- The biggest annual Latino festival in the Triangle is set to celebrate its 20th anniversary in a downtown Raleigh park.
La Fiesta del Pueblo celebrates the diversity of Latin American culture through international and local musical acts, cuisine, art exhibits and children's activities. The event is scheduled for Sunday in Moore Square.
Organizers say the headliner for this year's festival is New York-based merengue sensation Oro Solido, led by Dominican-born Raul Acosta. The event also features dozens of non-profit organizations and state agencies that will share information and resources with the Latino community.
ABC11's Sheyenne Rodriguez is the emcee of Sunday's festival.
All proceeds for the event go to support the work of El Pueblo Inc., a local non-profit organization dedicated to helping the Latino community.
wake county news, raleigh news, north carolina news, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests 44 min ago
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college 49 min ago
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State 19 min ago
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday...
43 min ago
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
47 min ago
- Some daytime Crawleigh work delayed
25 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help