Birthday bash planned to honor slain Raleigh woman
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- A young up and coming political strategist killed by a family friend will be honored with several special events this fall.
Jamie Hahn's life was tragically cut short last spring when she and her husband were stabbed in their Raleigh home. The alleged assailant was Jon Broyhill, who had served as the couple's best man at their wedding.
It was a shocking crime that left her husband, along with family and friends, mourning the loss of the rising political star. But in the aftermath of her death, her loved ones vow to honor her memory.
"Jamie in her 29 years did so much and touched countless, countless lives. To be able to do this and to create more Jamies and lift up more leaders and inspire other leaders, it's the right thing to do," said foundation volunteer Sarah Crawford.
This week, the Jamie Kirk Hahn Foundation announced several events that will coincide with what would have been her 30th birthday. The events will span from Oct. 25-27, and will include a day of service, as well as a birthday bash with four bands at Lincoln Theater.
"We're going to have a day of service through volunteering with Interfaith Food Shuttle. Something Jamie really cared about was hunger and poverty. And then that evening we're doing a big bash with bands, live music out at Lincoln Theater," Crawford said.
wake county news, raleigh news, north carolina news, local/state, caitlin knute
- Police: Teen had gunshot residue on hands 24 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
- Newlyweds ordered to trial in Craigslist slaying
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help