Puppy snatched in Morrisville
MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Morrisville dog owner believes someone broke into her home and stole her puppy but no other valuables.
Bailey is the latest family dog snatched in what seems to be a recent trend in the Triangle.
Melody Lathrop believes someone got into her home on September 5, took Bailey, and then left clues to a possible break in.
When Lathrop got home from work she said she saw an open window at the front of the house and the back door was open, too.
Lathrop contacted police and now fears that the puppy is somewhere with someone who won't provide proper care for him. She said Bailey was learning his name before he vanished, and he was scheduled for vaccinations by the vet Monday.
"He was supposed to be safe in my home, but if he's out there now and nobody called him, he would probably go to them," said Lathrop.
She hopes the person who has him will bring him back to her home.
Anyone with information that might assist returning Bailey to its owner is asked to contact the police.
north carolina news, wake county news, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help