Police seek public's help in fatal hit-and-run
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The Raleigh Police Department is looking for information into the fatal hit-and-run of an Apex man in August.
The body of 23-year-old Weston Vandemerwe was found Aug. 13 along I-40 near the Hammond Road exit.
Police have recovered a number of items of potential evidence from the scene. Several of those items were pieces of debris from vehicles.
So far, all of the pieces of vehicle debris except one have been linked to other wrecks in the area, and have been eliminated as being related to the incident that killed Vandemerwe.
The remaining piece of debris is from the right corner portion of the front bumper of a dark blue SUV. Investigating officers have determined it was part of a 2007-2014 Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Avalanche, Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon, or Cadillac Escalade.
Investigators are asking the public to help them identify and locate the vehicle that the bumper part belongs to so that it can eliminated, or could require further investigation.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the case should call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit www.raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and e-mail reporting options.
wake county news, i40, raleigh news, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help