2 sex assaults reported in Fayetteville
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police are investigating two reports of sexual assaults that happened this week.
Police say the two incidents are not related and happened in two different parts of the city.
On Tuesday, a victim told police she received a ride from two Hispanic males that drove her to the 5000 block of Bragg Boulevard. She said that location is where the sexual assault took place.
The suspects are described as approximate 5'3"-5'6" and between 20-30 years old. They were driving an older model green Jeep Cherokee.
On Thursday, a victim said she was waiting for a ride from someone she knew between Robeson Street and Southern Avenue. An unknown suspect then drove up and forced her into his vehicle at gunpoint. The victim was then driven to an unknown location and sexually assaulted, according to police.
The suspect is described as a black male with a dark complexion between 35-45 years old driving a dark-colored van.
Anyone with information regarding the sexual assaults or the identity of the suspects is asked to contact Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
north carolina news, cumberland county news, fayetteville news, sex offense, local/state
- Orange County authorities investigating shooting 10 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help