2 sex assaults reported in Fayetteville
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police are investigating two reports of sexual assaults that happened this week.
Police say the two incidents are not related and happened in two different parts of the city.
On Tuesday, a victim told police she received a ride from two Hispanic males that drove her to the 5000 block of Bragg Boulevard. She said that location is where the sexual assault took place.
The suspects are described as approximate 5'3"-5'6" and between 20-30 years old. They were driving an older model green Jeep Cherokee.
On Thursday, a victim said she was waiting for a ride from someone she knew between Robeson Street and Southern Avenue. An unknown suspect then drove up and forced her into his vehicle at gunpoint. The victim was then driven to an unknown location and sexually assaulted, according to police.
The suspect is described as a black male with a dark complexion between 35-45 years old driving a dark-colored van.
Anyone with information regarding the sexual assaults or the identity of the suspects is asked to contact Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
north carolina news, cumberland county news, fayetteville news, sex offense, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness 9 min ago
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament 46 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 16 min ago
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan 19 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Government drops sex assault charges...
50 min ago
- NCCU headed for the NCCA tournament
50 min ago