Durham police arrest burglary, dog theft suspect
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police arrested a 26-year-old man Sunday night wanted on burglary, larceny of a dog, and fraud charges.
Troy Arrington of Rochelle Street is charged with breaking into a home in the Forest Hills area on August 27 and stealing numerous pieces of jewelry and the family's Yorkshire Terrier.
The Newman family lost their pet Yorkie Sophie in the break-in. They canvassed the neighborhood hanging up missing posters, only to learn another family had unknowingly bought their stolen dog. The dog was recovered unharmed.
Arrington is also charged with felony breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering, felony conspiracy, obtaining property by false pretense, and possession of stolen goods.
Arrington was placed in the Durham County Jail under a $32,000 bond.
durham county news, north carolina news, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help