Clayton home destroyed by fire
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Investigators are trying to determine the cause of a house fire in Clayton Monday evening.
Firefighters responded to the house in the 100 block of Sommerset Drive just before 7 p.m.
When they arrived, the home was totally engulfed in flames.
The homeowner was not there at the time. Firefighters, however, did manage to rescue a dog and a cat.
It took about an hour to bring the fire under control.
north carolina news, johnston county news, fire, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 46 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 28 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation