Man charged in rape at a UNC facility
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- The UNC Department of Public Safety arrested a man accused in a sexual assault Friday at the State Employees Credit Union (SECU) Family House on Mason Farm Road.
Rafael Sierra Gaono, 55, is charged with second-degree rape. The charge typically alleges sexual assault on an individual who is mentally or physically disabled. Guano was in the Orange County Jail under a $40,000 bond.
The SECU Family House gives patients at UNC Hospitals and their families a place to stay during treatment.
north carolina news, sex offense, chapel hill news, unc, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast 37 min ago
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand 46 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school 17 min ago
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar