Elementary school girl brings gun to class in Nashville
NASHVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials with Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools say a .22 caliber handgun was confiscated from a student at Bailey Elementary School Monday.
The unloaded weapon was found in the girl's backpack after teachers got a tip from another student.
The child's name and age wasn't released.
Administrators said the girl never made any threats. She was suspended for 10 days pending further disciplinary action. Local law enforcement is helping investigate how the child got the gun.
north carolina news, nash county news, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 12 min ago
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
11 min ago