Something mAAgic Foundation gives Disney trip to Spring Lake boy
RALEIGH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- Four-year-old Teddy's dream has come true -- he and his family are headed to Disney World thanks to a non-profit organization.
The little boy from Spring Lake was selected along with 36 other children from all over the world who have life-threatening medical conditions.
Teddy has an enlarged heart and severe muscle spasms that can leave him in immense pain. His condition requires him to constantly monitor his heart. But for now, he is all smiles as a he enjoys a special sendoff.
"It's a nice break, to me it's a respite care, we get to go with no worries, no doctors appointments," said Teddy's mom Crystal Phillips-Hagler.
The mAAgic flight is an annual event through American Airlines' Something mAAgic Foundation. The group flies families to Disney where they then stay in a special village that caters to children with special needs.
"It gives the kids a chance, families a chance to get away when, I mean without this, we wouldn't be going on any trips," said Phillips-Hagler.
The timing is great, not only for Teddy as he deals with his ailments, but also for his younger sister Tory who has a host of other medical problems. Tory is expected to lose her vision within the next few months.
The families get to fly for free and their flights were paid for by people who donated their own frequent flier miles to the Something mAAgic Foundation.
"It's a godsend, and it's not just the organization it's the donors. If they can donate, and help, you know, it changes lives," Phillips-Hagler said.
north carolina news, raleigh durham airport, cumberland county news, local/state, caitlin knute
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 20 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project 15 min ago
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots 41 min ago
- Raleigh shooting under investigation 6 min ago
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
20 min ago
- 2 shot in Gates Four community
18 min ago
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham...
15 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help