Pedestrian struck, killed in Fayetteville
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A pedestrian was killed after being struck by a car in Fayetteville early Sunday morning, according to police.
Police said 31-year-old Handral Santil was walking in the roadway on Clinton Road just after 12:30 a.m. when he was hit by a 2013 GMC SUV. Santil was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police have identified the driver of the SUV as 29-year-old Nicole Pierce. Pierce was not seriously injured and was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center for evaluation.
Pierce was not charged in the accident.
north carolina news, local/state
- Police: Teen had gunshot residue on hands 9 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital 56 min ago
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban 46 min ago
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Lawmakers get legal help with NC marriage case
- Community rallies around couple after fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl holiday travel
- Newlyweds ordered to trial in Craigslist slaying
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help