Friendship House officially open in Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A special home officially opened Sunday in Durham.
The Friendship House on Northwood Circle is the first of its kind in the state.
The home allows graduate students to live right alongside people with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
The goal is to provide affordable housing for students, and to also teach those with developmental disabilities how to develop life skills and bolster their confidence.
north carolina news, durham county news, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help