Second cyclist in Chapel Hill hit and run accident dies
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities say the second of two cyclists involved in a Chapel Hill hit and run accident has died and troopers are still searching for the driver involved.
Alexandria Nicole Simou, 40, of Chapel Hill, passed away at UNC Hospital. Investigators said 41-year-old Ivin Levander Scurlock, of Carrboro, died at the scene last Thursday when the pair was hit on U.S. Highway 15/501 at Wave Road.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol said a Pittsboro police officer found the cyclists in the middle of the highway about 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Authorities said Scurlock was wearing a reflective vest at the time of the accident.
Authorities are currently looking for a vehicle with front-end and windshield damage, but they did not know the make and model. Anyone with information is asked to call the Hillsborough Highway Patrol at (919) 732-2551 or the Raleigh Highway Patrol Communication Center at (919) 733-3861.
north carolina news, orange county news, chapel hill news, local/state
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle 48 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Crawleigh could affect school start times 4 min ago
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress 58 min ago
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial 36 min ago
- Police recover stolen storm grates 49 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 27 min ago
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets 44 min ago
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- McCrory cites jobless rate, tax overhaul in video
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during...
13 min ago
- Money Saver: Gift cards
15 min ago
- Santa comes early for Rocky Mount twins on...
26 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help