Second cyclist in Chapel Hill hit and run accident dies
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities say the second of two cyclists involved in a Chapel Hill hit and run accident has died and troopers are still searching for the driver involved.
Alexandria Nicole Simou, 40, of Chapel Hill, passed away at UNC Hospital. Investigators said 41-year-old Ivin Levander Scurlock, of Carrboro, died at the scene last Thursday when the pair was hit on U.S. Highway 15/501 at Wave Road.
The North Carolina Highway Patrol said a Pittsboro police officer found the cyclists in the middle of the highway about 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
Authorities said Scurlock was wearing a reflective vest at the time of the accident.
Authorities are currently looking for a vehicle with front-end and windshield damage, but they did not know the make and model. Anyone with information is asked to call the Hillsborough Highway Patrol at (919) 732-2551 or the Raleigh Highway Patrol Communication Center at (919) 733-3861.
north carolina news, orange county news, chapel hill news, local/state
- Couple charged after meth lab found in home
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 1 min ago
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes 30 min ago
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase 38 min ago
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- I-Team: Are crime alerts needed following rape?
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets