One killed in Wilson shooting
WILSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police say they're trying to get to the bottom of an overnight shooting in Wilson that left a man dead and another wounded.
Officers rushed to 300 Freeman St. - at the Freeman St. Park - around 10 p.m. Tuesday night. When they got there, they found 20-year-old Estevan Martinez of Woodard Ave. shot to death.
Another man - 18-year-old Douglas Castro Medina of Wainwright Ave. - had minor injuries.
Investigators are currently working on leads and ask that anyone with information Wilson Police at (252) 399-2323.
north carolina news, wilson county news, shooting, local/state
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Winds blow into NC as temperatures plummet
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 3 people dead
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Ingram has 30 as NCCU beats Howard 92-46 in MEAC
- NC coming up against another food stamp deadline