New sex allegations against former East Wake Academy headmaster
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A second East Wake Academy employee took the witness stand in a Raleigh courtroom Wednesday to detail her sexual harassment allegations against former headmaster Brandon Smith.
ABC11 is not identifying Smith's accusers because of the nature of the case. The former administrator at the Zebulon charter school is charged with sexually harassing two women who work there. Smith was fired in March 2012 after the women made the allegations. He faces two counts of sexual battery and assault on a female.
The alleged victim on the witness stand told jurors Wednesday that Smith made unwanted advances multiple times. In one conversation about her money troubles, she said Smith told her "Daddy could take care of that," and winked at her.
"I think you just made me throw up a little bit in my mouth," the woman said she told Smith.
She said Smith was visibly upset by what she said.
On another occasion, the woman said Smith hugged her and it was apparent that he had an erect penis, which he pressed against her crotch.
"Do you see what you do to me?" she said Smith asked.
Under cross examination, Smith's defense team challenged the woman to explain why she didn't tell Zebulon police about the erection incident when they first questioned her about her harassment allegations.
She said she told police about "unwanted touching" but that detailing exactly what happened to a male investigator was deeply embarrassing for her.
Another accuser told jurors on Tuesday that Smith once pulled down the back of her pants and asked to look at her tattoo.
Smith has tried to sue his accusers for slander in civil court, but the case was dismissed. A counter suit filed by the women against Smith and the school's board is still pending.
Smith's defense has charged that the accuser's stories keep changing. They've questioned why one of the women waited to report the alleged harassment.
On the witness stand Tuesday, that woman told jurors she was shocked and disturbed by what had happened, and didn't want anyone to know.
"I didn't want to lose my job if I said anything," she said.
wake county news, raleigh news, north carolina news, local/state
- Authorities investigating fatal shooting 3 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help