Shooting victim returns to thank KFC employees
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- A man who was shot in the parking lot of a KFC restaurant returned the next day to thank the employees who helped him.
Durham police said a man was shot Wednesday night in the Phoenix Square Shopping Center on Fayetteville Road. The wounded man stumbled into the KFC looking for help.
The staff told ABC11 the shooting victim fell to the floor saying he had been shot in the leg and that his wound was burning. They called for help and diners watched as police and paramedics arrived to secure the crime scene and treat the victim.
The man was taken to an area hospital and treated for the non-life threatening injury.
On Thursday, he visited the restaurant the show his appreciation for the people who helped him. The man told staff the shooting was a misunderstanding among friends.
Durham police said the shooting is still under investigation. There's no word yet on whether there will be criminal charges in connection with the incident.
north carolina news, durham county news, shooting, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help