Shooting victim returns to thank KFC employees
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- A man who was shot in the parking lot of a KFC restaurant returned the next day to thank the employees who helped him.
Durham police said a man was shot Wednesday night in the Phoenix Square Shopping Center on Fayetteville Road. The wounded man stumbled into the KFC looking for help.
The staff told ABC11 the shooting victim fell to the floor saying he had been shot in the leg and that his wound was burning. They called for help and diners watched as police and paramedics arrived to secure the crime scene and treat the victim.
The man was taken to an area hospital and treated for the non-life threatening injury.
On Thursday, he visited the restaurant the show his appreciation for the people who helped him. The man told staff the shooting was a misunderstanding among friends.
Durham police said the shooting is still under investigation. There's no word yet on whether there will be criminal charges in connection with the incident.
north carolina news, durham county news, shooting, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help