Local/State

Raleigh's Hibernian restaurant catches fire again

Friday, September 27, 2013
A small fire was reported on the roof of the Hibernian restaurant Thursday evening.

The owner of the Hibernian Restaurant & Pub said a small fire Thursday night won't affect the reopening of the popular bar/restaurant.

A fire sparked on the roof of the buidling in the 300 block of Glenwood Avenue around 11 p.m.

It's being blamed on smoldering embers from workers welding on the roof earlier in the day.

In December, a massive fire destroyed the Hibernian.

The owner told ABC11 that he wants to open the new and improved Hibernian by this Christmas.

See It On TV | Report A Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Send us photos
Follow @abc11 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook

(Copyright ©2014 WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Local/State »


Tags:
north carolina news, raleigh news, local/state
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement