Missing children found safe, mother turns self in
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police say a mother accused of kidnapping her two children turned herself into police Tuesday evening.
Police said Selma Diaz contacted the Carrboro Police Department and turned herself in Tuesday evening. Both children were with her and they are both OK.
Investigators said the boys - Daniel Isai Banegas Diaz and Jeremias Isaac Banegas Diaz - were taken Tuesday morning by Diaz, who does not have legal custody.
The children were taken in the parking lot of Hillandale Elementary School.
Court records show Diaz and her husband, Roberto Benegas, of Durham, were scheduled to attend mediation and co-parenting classes this Thursday at the Durham County Courthouse.
north carolina news, durham county news, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help