Driver charged after tanker overturns in Selma
SELMA, N.C. (WTVD) -- A tanker truck carrying 8,000 gallons of ethanol fuel flipped Tuesday afternoon on U.S. Highway 70 near Highway 301 in Selma.
Nearby businesses were evacuated as a precaution while firefighters doused the truck with flame retardant foam. Police say only a small amount of ethanol leaked.
The area between Highway 301 and Interstate 95 was closed to all traffic for several hours.
Police said 49-year-old Shaun Eugene Price, 49, of Smithfield, was attempting to turn onto U.S.70 from Ricks Road when the tanker turned over on its left side.
Price was taken to the hospital for treatment of a cut to his head.
He was later charged with operating a vehicle at a speed to endanger persons or property.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
north carolina news, johnston county news, accident, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 54 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help