Raleigh police investigating shooting, carjacking
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating a shooting and carjacking overnight.
It happened around 11 p.m. Tuesday in the 4700 hundred block of Dansey Drive at the Tapers Apartment Complex.
Police have not released any details about the incident, including the condition of the victim when he was taken to the hospital.
Authorities are still searching for the man's stolen vehicle.
The shooting comes as officials investigate five reported kidnappings and armed robberies that happened after dark and within days of each other in northwest Raleigh last week.
Police said they don't believe Tuesday's incident is related to the other crimes, and would only say they are still investigating along with the Wake County Sheriff's Office.
The unsolved incidents are leaving some residents on edge.
One resident told ABC11 that she is "scared to death" when she goes to work in the morning and when she comes home. She said she carries a bat with her when she walks to her car from her apartment.
north carolina news, wake county news, raleigh news, robbery, kidnapping, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter