Raleigh police investigating shooting, carjacking
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating a shooting and carjacking overnight.
It happened around 11 p.m. Tuesday in the 4700 hundred block of Dansey Drive at the Tapers Apartment Complex.
Police have not released any details about the incident, including the condition of the victim when he was taken to the hospital.
Authorities are still searching for the man's stolen vehicle.
The shooting comes as officials investigate five reported kidnappings and armed robberies that happened after dark and within days of each other in northwest Raleigh last week.
Police said they don't believe Tuesday's incident is related to the other crimes, and would only say they are still investigating along with the Wake County Sheriff's Office.
The unsolved incidents are leaving some residents on edge.
One resident told ABC11 that she is "scared to death" when she goes to work in the morning and when she comes home. She said she carries a bat with her when she walks to her car from her apartment.
north carolina news, wake county news, raleigh news, robbery, kidnapping, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help