Raleigh police investigating shooting, carjacking
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating a shooting and carjacking overnight.
It happened around 11 p.m. Tuesday in the 4700 hundred block of Dansey Drive at the Tapers Apartment Complex.
Police have not released any details about the incident, including the condition of the victim when he was taken to the hospital.
Authorities are still searching for the man's stolen vehicle.
The shooting comes as officials investigate five reported kidnappings and armed robberies that happened after dark and within days of each other in northwest Raleigh last week.
Police said they don't believe Tuesday's incident is related to the other crimes, and would only say they are still investigating along with the Wake County Sheriff's Office.
The unsolved incidents are leaving some residents on edge.
One resident told ABC11 that she is "scared to death" when she goes to work in the morning and when she comes home. She said she carries a bat with her when she walks to her car from her apartment.
north carolina news, wake county news, raleigh news, robbery, kidnapping, local/state
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 3 people dead
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Ingram has 30 as NCCU beats Howard 92-46 in MEAC
- NC coming up against another food stamp deadline
- CEO happy his company can provide drug for sick boy