New information about kidnapping, robbery suspect
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- There's new information into what could be a string of armed robberies and kidnappings across northwest Raleigh and Wake County.
After the fifth crime on Friday evening, investigators got a search warrant and it has now been made public. It explains more about what happened Friday and provides more information about the suspect, who has covered his face in all the crimes, leaving only race and hairstyle as a description until now.
The crime spree began Sept. 22 with two armed robberies and one kidnapping just off Duraleigh Road.
Two days later, another robbery and kidnapping happened near North Hills and then Thursday on Ebenezer Church.
Friday's crime in the Devon neighborhood was an attempted abduction and robbery.
The search warrant just made public says the man is skinny and has a deep raspy voice. It was already known that he was black and short cropped hair.
The warrant says he was wearing gray sneakers with white laces in Friday's incident.
Police say residents should being aware, and leave their lights on around their house, and if you have a garage, use it to come and go after dark.
It has been several days since the last incident. Investigators and residents fear that sooner or later someone is going to be seriously hurt.
Both Raleigh police and the sheriff's department say they are working hard and working together on these cases, and even providing additional resources.
north carolina news, wake county news, raleigh news, robbery, kidnapping, local/state, ed crump
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 49 min ago
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton 12 min ago
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft