Durham police investigating hit and run
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating an early Monday morning hit-and-run accident on Pettigrew Street near Bacon Street.
Investigators got a call just before 12:30 a.m. about a man lying in the street. When they arrived, they found 58-year-old Michael Lewis Boyd with serious injuries. The victim was still in the hospital Monday evening.
Based on evidence found at the accident scene, investigators said the vehicle that hit Boyd is likely a white colored 2013 Ford Focus that's now missing the passenger side mirror.
It is unclear if there were any eyewitnesses to the hit and run, but anyone with information is asked to call Investigator L.W. Cox at (919) 560-4935, ext. 29409 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
durham county news, north carolina news, accident, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help