Hagan to get help from VP Joe Biden in NC
RALEIGH -- Vice President Joe Biden will visit North Carolina later this month in part to raise money for U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan's re-election bid.
A Hagan spokeswoman confirmed Monday that Biden was scheduled to speak Oct. 21 at a luncheon at the Washington Duke Inn in Durham. Tickets range from $500 to $10,000. Proceeds go to a committee for Hagan, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and state Democratic Party. The News & Observer of Raleigh first reported Biden's appearance.
Hagan is seeking a second six-year term in 2014. At least four Republicans are running for their party's nomination to challenge her, including state House Speaker Thom Tillis.
Tillis is getting fundraising help from Karl Rove, the one-time strategist for President George W. Bush. He'll be appearing at Tillis events next month.
north carolina news, raleigh news, local/state
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help