Driver facing charges in fatal Fayetteville motorcycle accident
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Officers with the Fayetteville Police Department have a charged a driver in connection with a crash that killed a motorcyclist Monday night.
Around 6:30 p.m., officers were called to Hope Mills Road near Spruce Road after a 1998 Dodge truck turning left onto Hope Mills Road from a parking lot collided with the motorcyclist.
The driver of the motorcycle 22-year-old Diangello Marquies Smith of Thackeray Drive in Fayetteville died at the scene.
The driver of the truck, 57-year-old Kum Sun Miller, has been charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
north carolina news, cumberland county news, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help