NCCU student one of three charged with Durham murder
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Durham Police Department said Tuesday it has charged a North Carolina Central University student with murder in the death of a 19 year old this past April.
Rakeem Montel Best, 20, of Durham was taken to the Durham County Jail.
Two other people - Hope Farley, 19, of Durham and Thomas Antwan Clayton, 21, of Morrisville were arrested and charged with murder in April.
Investigators say the trio is responsible for killing 19-year-old JeJuan Jonteil Taylor Jr. of Durham. He was shot in a car at Duke Manor Apartments on South LaSalle Street April 18.
Farley and Clayton were both also charged with conspiring to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon. Farley and Clayton remain in the Durham County Jail.
north carolina news, durham county news, homicide, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos