Wake Forest robbery similar to Raleigh holdups
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wake Forest Police Department is investigating the armed robbery of a woman at a home in the 6200 block of Ridgemount Street Tuesday night that is similar to a series of robberies in Raleigh and Wake County.
Police would only say they are checking with Raleigh police and Wake County deputies, but did not say if they believe the crimes are connected.
An incident report says a 47-year-old woman was held up at gunpoint and about $2,000 worth of jewelry was taken along with a set of car keys.
The robbery came the day before the Raleigh Police Department began circulating a series of surveillance photos of a man it said detectives wanted to talk to about five similar robberies in Raleigh and Wake County. It stressed the man is not charged, but could have information about the crimes.
In each case, the victims were approached as they were about to enter homes and held at gunpoint.
- September 22 in the 4800 block of Pleasant Valley Road;
- September 22 in the 4300 block of Furman Hall;
- September 24 in the 1000 block of Collins Drive;
- September 26 in the 5000 block of Stoneridge Drive; and,
- September 27 in the 4900 block of Wynneford Way.
Anyone with information is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or by visiting www.raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and e-mail reporting options. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for anonymous tips that help solves cases.
Get information to the Wake County Sheriff's Office by calling (919) 856-6800.
Get information to Wake Forest police at their tip line: (919) 435-9610.
north carolina news, wake county news, raleigh news, robbery, kidnapping, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help