Man beaten with exercise weight in critical condition
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fayetteville police have put two men behind bars after they allegedly critically injured another man with an exercise weight.
Police said 26 year-old Jonathon Jackson and 26-year-old Alphonso Carlton came to a home in the 7500 block of Southgate Road Saturday just after 2 p.m. Carlton got into an argument with 28-year-old Kendall Evans at the home and then allegedly beat him with the weight until he was unconscious.
While Evans lay unconscious and bleeding on the ground outside the home, they fled the scene.
Another resident at the home found Evans laying outside and called 911. Kendall Evans was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center and was then airlifted to UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill, where he is listed in critical condition.
Detectives arrested Carlton Saturday and charged him with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, inflicting serious injury. Jackson was arrested Sunday and charged with assault inflicting serious bodily injury. They are both being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center.
north carolina news, cumberland county news, fayetteville news, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75