Police investigate Raleigh home invasion
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating a home invasion.
It happened in the 1700 block of Gorman Street around 9 p.m. Monday.
Police said three men broke into an apartment at Parkwood Apartments where two people were inside.
One of them jumped out of a second story window to escape and cut his leg. It is unclear if anyone else was injured.
Authorities have not said if anything was taken from the home. They did say the victims are not students at North Carolina State University.
However, N.C. State sent out a Wolf Alert to students following the incident.
"I mean, we get Wolf Alerts probably weekly, so I don't really feel as safe as I should be on a college campus," one student told ABC11. "But I also never walk by myself or go to my car alone and stuff so it's really safe in my area. I mean, there's going to be stuff happening everywhere."
There had also been another Wolf Alert issued about a reported attack and robbery near the softball field on campus Sunday, but a second email from campus police was issued that said it turned out to be a false report.
Anyone with information regarding Monday night's incident should contact the Raleigh Police Department Crime Stoppers at (919) 834-4357.
north carolina news, raleigh news, local/state
- Residents gather signatures to protest Publix store
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- McCrory lights State Capitol Christmas tree
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help