Police investigate Raleigh home invasion
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating a home invasion.
It happened in the 1700 block of Gorman Street around 9 p.m. Monday.
Police said three men broke into an apartment at Parkwood Apartments where two people were inside.
One of them jumped out of a second story window to escape and cut his leg. It is unclear if anyone else was injured.
Authorities have not said if anything was taken from the home. They did say the victims are not students at North Carolina State University.
However, N.C. State sent out a Wolf Alert to students following the incident.
"I mean, we get Wolf Alerts probably weekly, so I don't really feel as safe as I should be on a college campus," one student told ABC11. "But I also never walk by myself or go to my car alone and stuff so it's really safe in my area. I mean, there's going to be stuff happening everywhere."
There had also been another Wolf Alert issued about a reported attack and robbery near the softball field on campus Sunday, but a second email from campus police was issued that said it turned out to be a false report.
Anyone with information regarding Monday night's incident should contact the Raleigh Police Department Crime Stoppers at (919) 834-4357.
north carolina news, raleigh news, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash