HazMat situation in Franklin County
FRANKLIN COUNTY (WTVD) -- Hazardous material and fire teams in Franklin County were called to an apartment complex Friday about possible meth lab.
Authorities were called to a vacant apartment at the Wilson Place Apartments on Joyner Street in Franklinton just before noon.
The entire complex was evacuated because of a noxious odor was coming from one of the units.
The chief said he believed it could be a possible meth lab, but that they do not know for sure.
Further details have not been released at this time.
north carolina news, franklin county news, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter