HazMat situation in Franklin County
FRANKLIN COUNTY (WTVD) -- Hazardous material and fire teams in Franklin County were called to an apartment complex Friday about possible meth lab.
Authorities were called to a vacant apartment at the Wilson Place Apartments on Joyner Street in Franklinton just before noon.
The entire complex was evacuated because of a noxious odor was coming from one of the units.
The chief said he believed it could be a possible meth lab, but that they do not know for sure.
Further details have not been released at this time.
north carolina news, franklin county news, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 7 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg 59 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75