'Happy Gilmore' star arrested in Wilmington
WILMINGTON (WTVD) -- A Hollywood actor is facing charges in Wilmington, North Carolina's "Hollywood East."
WWAY in Wilmington reports that Christopher McDonald was arrested for driving while impaired early Wednesday morning.
According to the Highway Patrol, McDonald blew .15, almost twice the legal limit, during a breathalyzer test after being pulled over on 3rd Street.
Deputies at the New Hanover County Jail booked the actor around 4:30 a.m. under a $1,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 11.
WWAY reports that McDonald is in Wilmington filming a new movie called "The Squeeze," according to an article in the "Wilmywood Daily."
McDonald is known for his role as Shooter McGavin in the 1996 Adam Sandler movie "Happy Gilmore."
north carolina news, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties 55 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NCCU fans gather for March Madness watch party
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash