Woman wanted for allegedly stealing from 100-year-old great-grandmother
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County are searching for a Fayetteville woman who allegedly stole from her 100-year-old great-grandmother.
Detectives have issued arrest warrants for 34-year old Christina Marie Johnson on charges of felony larceny and possession of stolen goods.
Officials said Johnson allegedly stole four pieces of gold and diamond jewelry valued at $7,000.
The items belonged to her great-grandmother who was visiting Fayetteville on May 2 to celebrate her 100th birthday.
Johnson's great-grandmother said she had gone to her room to get the jewelry and discovered it was missing from the top of a dresser where she had laid it.
Johnson's mother later called the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office saying Johnson wanted to turn herself in because she was the one who took the jewelry.
Authorities said she has yet to surrender to law enforcement officers.
Johnson is described as a white woman, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing about 175 pounds, with brown hair, green eyes and several tattoos on her left upper arm, including the name "CHRISTINA" printed on it.
Anyone who knows of her whereabouts is asked to call the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500.
north carolina news, cumberland county news, fayetteville news, local/state
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63 32 min ago
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75
- NC Central tops Norfolk St 68-45
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison