Fatal crash on Raleigh's Glenwood Avenue
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police were investigating a fatal crash on Raleigh's Glenwood Avenue early Wednesday.
Just before 8:30 a.m., authorities said the driver of a box truck lost control of the vehicle as it traveled westbound on Interstate 540.
The truck ran off the right side of the road and continued traveling until it reached the outbound lanes of Glenwood Avenue near Lumley Road.
The driver of the truck, 26-year-old Jonathan Arrington of Raleigh, was declared dead at the scene. No other vehicles appeared to have been involved in the crash.
Authorities are still investigating what caused the accident.
The crash shut down the outbound lanes of Glenwood Ave. for a couple of hours as officials worked to clear the area.
north carolina news, wake county news, raleigh news, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help