Several lanes of I-40 closed causing traffic delays
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- An incident along Interstate 40 caused major traffic delays Thursday morning.
Traffic was backed up for miles along I-40 at exit 287 near Harrison Avenue in Cary.
Authorities closed off two of the four eastbound lanes around 7:45 a.m. after a car caught on fire.
Details surrounding the incident have not been released.
north carolina news, wake county news, i40, traffic, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help