Facebook users experience status update problems
Push the snooze alarm, take a shower and post to Facebook while you enjoy your morning coffee. That last part of a cherished morning routine was interrupted by an error message for much of Monday morning: "There was a problem updating your status. Please try again in a few minutes."
As of 10:50 a.m., the errors appeared to be fixed and Facebook users were back in action. However, that didn't prevent people flocking to their Twitter accounts to complain, enough so that #facebookdown is a top trending topic.
Though the status update option was down, Facebook users can still go about their business of searching through everyone's user profile and playing Candy Crush to their heart's content. But during the outage, Facebook users were unable to share webpages or content with one another, nor could they upload photos or create photo albums.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide