Teen struck, killed in Johnston County
JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities in Johnston County have identified a pedestrian killed along Black Creek Road Sunday night.
The State Highway Patrol was asking for the public's help in identifying the victim because he did not have identification on him when he was hit by car while walking along the road around 9 p.m.
Troopers were later able to identify the victim as 16-year-old Jonathan Barbour.
Details surrounding the incident have not been released, but authorities have said the driver involved in the accident will not be charged.
north carolina news, johnston county news, accident, local/state
- Woman speaks out about Clayton group home
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Hurricanes rally to beat Sabres 4-2
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake