Highway Patrol investigating fatal tractor-trailer accident on I-95
HALIFAX COUNTY (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal accident along Interstate 95.
It happened around 5 a.m. near mile marker 166, about 7 miles south of Roanoke Rapids.
Authorities said the tractor-trailer ran off the interstate and crashed in a nearby wooded area.
The accident caused one northbound lane to be shutdown as crews worked to clear the scene.
It was unclear what caused the truck to run off the road. The name of the person killed in the crash has not been released.
north carolina news, halifax county news, accident, local/state
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 5 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help