2 found dead in Mount Prospect bathtub in murder-suicide
October 23, 2013 (MOUNT PROSPECT, Ill.) -- Two people were found dead inside a Mount Prospect home in a possible murder-suicide.
The bodies of a 46-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman were discovered in a bathtub in a home on the 500-block of West Dempster early Wednesday.
The two people were identified as July Diaz-Hernandez and Victorino Lopez-Rosales. The two apparently died from stab wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene at 8:53 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. Diaz-Hernandez had been stabbed to death, while Lopez-Rosales was found with a knife protruding from his chest, authorities said.
Both resided at the apartment where the couple was found with their two small children. Police say the children, who did not witness the incident and were unharmed, are being cared for by family members.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co.
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 14 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 3 min ago
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 3 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect 2 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
14 min ago
- Cool Kids: Molly Paul
57 min ago