2 found dead in Mount Prospect bathtub in murder-suicide
October 23, 2013 (MOUNT PROSPECT, Ill.) -- Two people were found dead inside a Mount Prospect home in a possible murder-suicide.
The bodies of a 46-year-old man and a 31-year-old woman were discovered in a bathtub in a home on the 500-block of West Dempster early Wednesday.
The two people were identified as July Diaz-Hernandez and Victorino Lopez-Rosales. The two apparently died from stab wounds and were pronounced dead at the scene at 8:53 a.m. Tuesday, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. Diaz-Hernandez had been stabbed to death, while Lopez-Rosales was found with a knife protruding from his chest, authorities said.
Both resided at the apartment where the couple was found with their two small children. Police say the children, who did not witness the incident and were unharmed, are being cared for by family members.
(The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.)
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers 47 min ago
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 11 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 6 min ago
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 20 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help