RDU employees robbed near Terminal 2
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities are searching for two suspects who allegedly robbed two RDU employees at gun-point Wednesday morning.
It happened around 3:45 a.m. while the two employees were walking from the employee parking lot to the Raleigh-Durham International Airport's Terminal 2.
Officials said two armed men approached the employees, a man and a woman.
The male worker told ABC11 that he saw the two men come out of the bushes and he immediately became suspicious. One of the men walked up to him, pulled out a handgun, and pointed it at his chest.
After stealing the man's keys, wallet and iPhone, they emptied the woman's purse and took her bank card.
The suspects made the victims lay on the ground, and that's when they fled the scene.
The suspects then fled the scene in a dark-colored sedan. The employees were not injured.
One suspect was described as 5' 5" tall and had a dark bubble vest with dark Air Force shoes. He had a silver belt buckle, and a dark knit hat and stubble.
The other suspect was thin, 5' 9" tall and wearing dark clothes.
Authorities said RDU officials have increased their patrols due to the robbery. RDU police ask if anyone has information to get in touch with them at (919) 840-7550.
north carolina news, raleigh durham airport, robbery, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 10 min ago
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75