RDU employees robbed near Terminal 2
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities are searching for two suspects who allegedly robbed two RDU employees at gun-point Wednesday morning.
It happened around 3:45 a.m. while the two employees were walking from the employee parking lot to the Raleigh-Durham International Airport's Terminal 2.
Officials said two armed men approached the employees, a man and a woman.
The male worker told ABC11 that he saw the two men come out of the bushes and he immediately became suspicious. One of the men walked up to him, pulled out a handgun, and pointed it at his chest.
After stealing the man's keys, wallet and iPhone, they emptied the woman's purse and took her bank card.
The suspects made the victims lay on the ground, and that's when they fled the scene.
The suspects then fled the scene in a dark-colored sedan. The employees were not injured.
One suspect was described as 5' 5" tall and had a dark bubble vest with dark Air Force shoes. He had a silver belt buckle, and a dark knit hat and stubble.
The other suspect was thin, 5' 9" tall and wearing dark clothes.
Authorities said RDU officials have increased their patrols due to the robbery. RDU police ask if anyone has information to get in touch with them at (919) 840-7550.
north carolina news, raleigh durham airport, robbery, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help