Durham police officers deliver baby on I-85
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Two Durham police officers are used to protecting and serving the public. Now, they can also add deliveries to their resume-- babies that is.
Officer Gabriel Munter did exactly that Wednesday morning on Interstate 85.
Munter had just cleared the scene of an accident near Club Boulevard around 9 a.m. when a driver frantically pulled up behind him. The driver told Munter that his wife was in labor.
Munter jumped into action. He grabbed some gloves and helped the woman deliver the baby girl.
A second officer, J.J. McDonough, also assisted Munter with the delivery.
Mother and child are said to be doing well at a local hospital.
north carolina news, durham county news, i85, local/state
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Dad of teen charged with grandmother's murder speaks out
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help