Book of Mormon ticket sales draw huge crowd
DURHAM, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Durham Performing Arts Center was packed early Saturday morning, as over 500 people waited in line out in freezing temperatures for tickets.
The Book of Mormon tickets went on sale at the DPAC box office at 8 a.m. The crowds gathered at the theater because online and phone sales do not begin until 10 a.m.
The DPAC even fed the loyal patrons free breakfast as they waited for the coveted tickets.
The Book of Mormon comes to town Feb. 11-23, 2014.
Ben Brantley of 'The New York Times' calls it "The best musical of this century." 'Entertainment Weekly' says it's "The funniest musical of all time."
north carolina news, durham county news, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 2 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63 9 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help