Screams heard before fatal Harnett County fire
HARNETT COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- One person was killed in a fire at a Harnett County home early Saturday morning, according to fire officials.
Officials responded to the home on Red Hill Church Road around 3:45 a.m.
Firefighters said they heard screams when they arrived at the scene.
Officials found 56-year-old Roger Townsend's body inside the home. Townsend's body will be sent to the Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Harnett County Sheriff's Office and the Harnett County Fire Marshal's Office.
Stay with ABC11 for more on this breaking news story.
north carolina news, harnett county news, fire, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide