2 killed in wrong-way crash in Raleigh
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two people were killed in an early morning crash in Raleigh, according to police.
The two-car accident happened on I-440 eastbound between Six Forks and Wake Forest Roads just before 4 a.m.
Police said one of the cars was traveling the wrong way.
Raleigh police said 25-year-old David Viva Xicotencatl was driving west on I-440 while 20-year-old Elizabeth Camille Bullock was driving east.
Bullock was declared dead at the scene. Xicotencatl died after being taken to WakeMed.
No other people were involved in the crash.
The accident shut down a section of I-440, but reopened around 8 a.m.
north carolina news, durham county news, i440, raleigh news, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos