2 killed in wrong-way crash in Raleigh
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two people were killed in an early morning crash in Raleigh, according to police.
The two-car accident happened on I-440 eastbound between Six Forks and Wake Forest Roads just before 4 a.m.
Police said one of the cars was traveling the wrong way.
Raleigh police said 25-year-old David Viva Xicotencatl was driving west on I-440 while 20-year-old Elizabeth Camille Bullock was driving east.
Bullock was declared dead at the scene. Xicotencatl died after being taken to WakeMed.
No other people were involved in the crash.
The accident shut down a section of I-440, but reopened around 8 a.m.
north carolina news, durham county news, i440, raleigh news, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Former teacher faces charges 48 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation