Father arrested in toddler's death facing more charges
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- The father of the 2-year-old Fayetteville girl, who died after accidentally shooting herself, is facing more charges.
Fayetteville police arrested Melvin Andre Clark Jr. in the shooting death of his 2-year-old daughter on October 20.
Samarri Tyana Beauford died October 19 after finding a loaded gun under a couch.
Police charged 19-year-old Clark Monday with failing to store a firearm to protect a minor. He is also charged with involuntary manslaughter and possession of a firearm by a felon.
An arrest warrant claims Clark hid the weapon from police.
north carolina news, fayetteville news, shooting, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 11 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Flight delays and cancellations from the...
8 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help